In 1947, on Austin Street in the city of Houston, four parents founded a school for the deaf to be able to offer their children the option to communicate orally. Over time, the Houston School for the Deaf, has grown into what is now known as The Center for Hearing and Speech (CHS). CHS is a United Way agency dedicated to the rehabilitation of children with hearing loss through the use of oral communication. As hearing technology advances, we too have advanced our treatment methods. In 2015, CHS served over 8,600 children in the greater Houston area. We look forward to continuing our heartfelt mission for many more years to come.